I see Waller manipulated his better judgment. We'll see what happens.
I read over at IADW that Sinestro is about to get a title shot.
Thaal is my dude so of course I'll have a first print #1.
However I got to say it (overstated or not)
Where the hell is Black Manta #1
Don't think the Scourge of the Seven Seas deserves his own book?
It's about 2 or 3 different versions of him floating around in DC land as it is right?
Well so what?.
Since the new 52 and even before 52, I've seen obscure 2nd rate characters get books in every corner of the DCU. Most of em were trash or didn't yield any return. So as Boss as Black Manta is; an ongoing is over due, and a mini series at this point is damn essential. Don't believe what I say? Let's check this guys credentials.
1. Founding member of the Legion of Doom
2. Has Hella staying power, 47 yr Legacy character
3. He's the First and only legitimate African American Super Villain
4. Has appeared in just about every DC, Warner Bros animated TV series to date
and in a couple of video games, with a YJ one coming up
5. Has an A list character as his arch enemy
6. Has so many action figures I lost count. From preschool to adult collector Manta is everywhere
7. His son Kaldur'ahm is his blood enemies chosen champion
8. No good Hero is official without a Heromobile.
Black Manta has so many he rent out the ones he don't want
9. Has an arsenal of weapons with potential to rival Batman's
10. Black Manta even has his own damn theme music.
parental discretion is advised